Measure Customer-Centric Culture Using the Market Responsiveness Index (MRI)™
The Market Responsiveness Index (MRI)™ provides a powerful benchmark by which companies can rank and rate their level of responsiveness to customers needs, competitive threats, and market and business environmental changes against other companies in their industry and adjacent markets.
Why measure customer-centric culture?
A strong customer culture is the single most important driver of future business performance. Customer culture is to performance what living is to breathing. Now it can be measured using the MRI - a valid tool based on years of systematic research.
What is the MRI™?
It is a web-based staff survey tool that measures the level of customer-centric behaviors (culture) a business or function actions with its customers.
It is easy to administer, simple and intuitive to complete, and extremely effective in delivering understandable, detailed and actionable findings for executive sponsors seeking to drive business performance in their companies.
What does it Measure?
There are numerous elements to any corporate culture. However, the MRI™ measures only those cultural factors that are most directly linked to competitive advantage and business performance.It measures 8 specific customer-centric factors, listed below, that have been proven to drive sustainable business performance and competitive advantage.
* Our thanks to Prof. George S. Day at The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, and co-author of a book of the same name. It was Prof. Day who first suggested that the term 'peripheral vision' aptly describes this MRI™ success factor, which represents a wider vision of the strategic trends that must be monitored in a firm's external environment
How is it measured?
Businesses are benchmarked against a global database of more than 200 companies across industries and geographies. You will see how your business stacks up against the best in a chart like those below.
What are the benefits?
• Helps you focus on those customer culture factors that are critical to your strategy.
• Enables you to measure and benchmark your most important customer culture drivers, set targets, take action and track progress.
• Creates a unified focus on the customer and helps communicate priorities to all staff.
• Enables you to engage and inspire staff to focus on activities that provide value for customers.
A Performance Relationship With Power
MarketCulture’s MRI™ measures behaviors that reliably predict superior business performance. The graph above highlights this high degree of predictability. It compares the correlation between an MRI™ score and business performance with other commonly known correlations.